Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Hope For Something More Now And Ever After...

I can't sleep, and I've gotta hit the pavement early tomorrow morning
Working the early shift was not the best choice for this night owl

But I've got the future on my mind,
and I can almost hear my mother praying her heart out here for us

A thousand miles away we're all dropping to our knees
Holding the promises we made ourselves in our hands

And "I don't know" seems to ring hollower and hollower and hollower in my ears
At least "not yet" feels like there's something behind it

The love of a good woman isn't everything, but it's definitely worth it
Broken hearts may not be healed in this life, but I have a hope for something more now and ever after...

I keep listening to Cody sing "My God, what a world You love...
Where men bury their sons and without thought they just walk away"

My eyes begin to tear up at the thought of Your grace
even when we're all fighting and clawing and chasing the cover up...

Jesus, Your Kingdom is ready for the taking
We've done nothing but prepare it through carelessness

We've dug this chasm deeper and deeper spanning more miles than ever thought
I'm just thankful Your arms can stretch this far...



This is what I was listening to while writing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMBmfhmHj4s
The Widow live at Cornerstone 2007 by Cody Bonnette of As Cities Burn (embed was disabled for some reason)

No comments:

Post a Comment