Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Is The Joke On Me?

I'm really not worried about impressing anyone anymore
'cause courageous hearts know courageous hearts
But I guess there's a reason I'm still single, love
It's this relentless mind, constant treadmill running thought
Even when I sleep it won't stop
Dreaming of all this beauty and death and sunshine and villains

I know what I've got to deal with
Yeah I know what I've got to deal with

So do you think I'd tell you these things so soon if I really was trying to impress you?
Maybe it's self sabotage or maybe I'm waiting for the one who I can hold close
and she'll say, "I believe in you. You're not alone. You can beat the terror.
The light placed in your heart is a gift. Do you feel the same about me?"
And I'll say yes, darling

Am I asking for too much, love?
To a certain extent, probably, but maybe this is all melodrama anyway
And I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, it's just a stress release, darling

And she smiles and I smile and we all smile

No comments:

Post a Comment