Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Eyes Are Open

This video has no significance to what I wrote. I just thought this song would be a good soundtrack to this so play before you read if you like. Oh it's Explosions In The Sky's "So Long, Lonesome."



I step into the shower. I let it's warm caress hold me gently. My eyes are closed. Keeping them tightly shut to let my other senses take over. The liquid on my eyelids... I wonder if I opened them again, could I be a different person?
What if I open my eyes and my shower was gone, replaced with a magnificent master bathroom waterfall-like shower? What if I stopped the water, dried and clothed myself, and walked out into a master bedroom where a beautiful woman lay sleeping? Would I know her? Would she be my wife?
What if I walked out into the hallway where two other rooms had their doors cracked open, just a hint of light being let in? What if one room had a child, maybe he was around 2 years old, and what if in the other room there was a darling baby girl, no more than a couple of months old? Could these gifts be my children?
What if I crept back to the master bedroom where this woman was sleeping? What if I laid down beside her and closed my eyes?
Where would I... wake up...?

No comments:

Post a Comment