Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Chariot And The Lion

I thought I'd post the poem I took my blog name from so here goes:

So this is what it feels like to be dragged behind Your chariots
‘Cause you know I love You, and You to me, love as well,
but it seems I’ve changed nothing in this world
Could barely change myself
Still chasing skin and certain delicacies

I’m tired so tired of the stupid messes I keep finding myself in
Seems I keep throwing myself behind spooked horses
Running wild with Your blessing
And it feels like people think I’ve got it all together,
but that makes this even harder
I must be a good storyteller ‘cause I’m the only one not getting the message

I’m just a child reaching for adult ideas
Why is it easier to love everyone as a wobbling toddler than a mature adult?
I admit I was wrong I was wrong I was wrong
And now my head keeps trying to make it all better, fix the mistakes
But it’s time I let you intervene ‘cause I just fall back down into the dragging ropes

Please whistle to the clouds and soar on down
‘Cause I can’t take this anymore
I’m throwing away pride in the hopes of rescue

Those horses are slowing and the earth becomes visible again
All this time, I thought... it wasn’t You driving at all
My name stamped all over the reins
Oh Hallelujah, You’re the one who’s stopped this riot of a ride

You stand as a lion graceful and grand simultaneously raw and roaring
Proving the lies weren’t accurate all along
My worth in Your breath

And now You’ve given me these roads and I have to do my part
Making it through the struggle makes the man,
But the struggle is not, nor ever was the man
Deceit tries to manipulate thoughts to seem otherwise

Yeah I have to do my part with the life You’ve given
The gift we’ve all received

So this is what joy feels like

No comments:

Post a Comment