Monday, July 12, 2010

Refracts A Billion Times In The Sun

Self pity gets me nowhere
Just focusing on myself benefits no one
It's like a dying star collapsing into itself when all it wants to do is shine
And I know we all want to shine forever but even the most brilliantly lit stars die

So what do we do in the meantime?
Search out greatness outside of ourselves
Let a little inspired creativity spill out of our bending souls

And I know that we all come to a crossing point in our lives
We can only lie to ourselves so long

The cold Pacific's waves crash over me
She smiles and radiates on the beach
I think it's time to go back

Ocean, wash me 'cause I don't need this
I don't need this
Anymore
My life was never mine

So what do we do in the meantime?
Search out greatness outside of ourselves
Let a little creativity spill out of our bending souls

No comments:

Post a Comment